Housing information for ex-service personnel

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen’s Families Association (SSAFA)

SSAFA is a national organisation that provides a range of information and support to service and ex-service personnel. 

SSAFA Brighton, Hove & Lewes

This local branch of SSAFA is run by volunteers, if you phone them  you may be asked to leave a message and someone will call you back. They are not an emergency organisation but may be able to help you with finding accommodation in the private rented sector.

Telephone 01273 565 976

SSAFA Forces Help - homeless division

Based in London, they may be able to provide more immediate assistance for anyone who is street homeless. Generally you would need to be in London to get assistance from them. Call 0207 828 2468

Haig Homes

This is a housing association for ex-forces personnel. To be accepted on their waiting list you must have an ex-service connection and be in housing need. You can contact them online  or by calling 0208 685 5777

The Ministry of Defence (MOD)

The MOD produce a booklet with information on Civilian Housing Options for those about to leave the armed forces