Debt advice and rent arrears prevention

If you are having difficulties paying your rent you should get help straight away.

If you are a Brighton & Hove council tenant have a look at our help and advice page or phone 01273 293030

If you are a housing association tenant, please contact your housing association as soon as possible.

If you are renting privately Brighton & Hove City Council Housing Options service can offer you advice. The earlier you let us know about your housing problems, the more we can do to help. You can email us   or phone 01273 294400.

You can also drop-in to see a Housing Options Officer from Monday-Friday 9am-4.30 pm in Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JP.

For general advice about debt