Making the most of your money - support for council housing tenants

Our Housing Income Management Team are here to help tenants and leaseholders

  • manage their money
  • plan for the future and cope with financial pressure
  • deal effectively with debt
  • get help and support from other agencies
  • improve their situation

Are you struggling with your budget? Have you been or are you going to be affected by benefit changes?

Please contact the team on 01273 293224 or 

Or you can contact Money Advice Plus directly on 01273 664000.

We can provide you with help and advice in a range of areas:

Benefit advice

Make sure you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to.

Internet access - online banking and shopping

Get the best deals on energy suppliers, insurance and phone tariffs

Money and debt advice

Affordable credit, savings and repayment advice. We can help you take control of your debt and will provide access to more specialist support if you need it.

We are working together with MAP (Money Advice Plus) to give advice and support on:

  • Budgeting
  • Debt Advice
  • Benefit maximisation – are you claiming everything you are entitled to
  • Help to find a bank account
  • Understanding all the jargon – what does it really mean
  • Finding a better deal/using the Internet

Opening a bank account

Help and advice with applications, forms and the various types of bank account that are available.

Further help, tools and services

The Housing benefit and council tax reduction page contains an online calculator and claim form, as well as useful information and links.

Moneyworks is an independent source of advice on benefits, debt, housing and much more.

Money Advice Plus (MAP) is a charity that supports people to manage their money successfully. MAP assists with benefits, bills and debts.

Credit Union supply saving facilities and low interest loans to members who may have trouble getting credit elsewhere.

The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice.

The Money Advice Service can help you with a financial health check.

Turn 2 Us are a charitable service which helps people access the money available to them – through welfare benefits, grants and other help.

The PeoplesPower  is a not-for-profit organisation set up to help people get together so they can save money on their electricity and gas bills or switch to green energy

The Energy Saving Trust gives advice on how to reduce carbon emissions, how to use water more sustainably and how to save money on energy bills