Investing in your homes
Lift replacement programme
We are replacing lifts across the city. There is more information, frequently asked questions and a provisional schedule on the lift replacement programme page.
Aerials installation and clean up programme
We have completed 95% of the digital communal aerial installation. For information on our block aerial clean up plan and frequently asked questions about the aerials and digital TV, please see our aerials page.
Capital Investment Programme
The council is committed to improving homes to the Brighton & Hove Standard. This is a quality standard for council homes developed in consultation with tenants, based on the government’s Decent Homes Standard with additional items to meet local priorities.
The programme has five priorities:
- Improve services to an excellent standard, with residents at the heart of everything we do
- Improve the quality and sustainability of homes and neighbourhoods
- Deliver value for money services and maintain a sustainable 30-year business plan
- Make best use of our housing stock to address housing need
- Ensure that social housing provides a platform for reducing inequality and creating opportunity
Please note that during the investment work, we will only replace items such as kitchens or windows where they have reached the end of their useful life. We will check this when we survey your home.
All the decent homes work, including the surveys, will be carried out by the council’s long-term repairs and maintenance partner Mears. For more information about the decent homes projects, call 0800 052 6140 or 01273 294409, or e-mail BHCC.email@example.com.
Asset Management Strategy
The Housing Revenue Account (HRA) Asset Management Strategy sets out the detailed housing challenges affecting the city. It has three key priorities - improving housing supply, improving housing quality and improving housing support. View or download Brighton & Hove's HRA Asset Management Strategy (PDF 751KB).