Keep Calm and Talk
It can be difficult to talk to teenagers about the harm caused by cigarettes, alcohol and drugs.
We've teamed up with Right Here Brighton & Hove we've put together advice, support and information for parents and carers to use to help start the conversation and to help challenge widespread misinformation and myths. Have a look at the Keep Calm and Talk website for:
- Advice on how to start the conversation
- Choose your moment
- Recognise young people's knowledge and understanding
- Keep it real
- It's not what you say, it's how you say it
- Facts on smoking, drinking and drugs
- Information about where to go to get support locally
Drinking any level of alcohol regularly carries a health risk for anyone, but if men and women limit their intake to no more than 14 units a week it keeps the risk of illness like cancer and liver disease low.
Further information and support
For more information on Alcohol, cutting down or getting support, visit: