Get stop smoking support in your home
If you can't easily leave your house because of a long term health condition and would like to quit smoking, our trained advisors can visit you in your home.
This service is provided by seven pharmacies in the city. Their highly skilled advisors provide one-to-one behaviour support and stop smoking medicine in your home.
Who can use the service
You might be eligible to use this service if you can't easily leave your house and have:
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- or another limiting long term condition.
Talk to a local pharmacy providing home visits to find out if you're eligible for this service. Go to our map showing local pharmacies providing stop smoking home visits.
Information for practitioners referring into the service
There are several different referral routes, each with its own referral form. Find out about these referral pathways (PDF 85KB).
To provide access across the city, nine pharmacies were selected in line with the six GP clusters and in accordance to smoking prevalence within the city.
- Hospital clinicians (Word 53KB)
- Hospital clinicians (PDF 257KB)
- The Community Respiratory Service (Word 579KB)
- The Community Respiratory Service (PDF 371KB)
- Healthcare professionals working in GP practices (Word 579KB)
- Healthcare professionals working in GP practices (PDF 371KB)
- A pharmacy (Word 579KB)
- A pharmacy (PDF 371KB)
- Social care and local authority (Word 578KB)
- Social care and local authority (PDF 444KB)
Download the promotional flyer (PDF 42KB) to promote the home-based service across the city.