Keep Calm and Talk
It can be difficult to talk to teenagers about the harm caused by cigarettes, alcohol and drugs.
We've teamed up with Right Here Brighton & Hove we've put together advice, support and information for parents and carers to use to help start the conversation and to help challenge widespread misinformation and myths. Have a look at the Keep Calm and Talk website for:
- Advice on how to start the conversation
- Choose your moment
- Recognise young people's knowledge and understanding
- Keep it real
- It's not what you say, it's how you say it
- Facts on smoking, drinking and drugs
- Information about where to go to get support locally
Stop smoking support services
Over 10,000 smokers have quit smoking in the last four years in Brighton & Hove and over half of these quitters have stopped by using our e-cig friendly, local, stop smoking services.
Stopping smoking is the best thing you can do for your health and the health of those around you. You will start to see the benefits quickly - from your health to the extra money in your pocket.