Children's Hearing Services Working Group (CHSWG)
This is a locally based multi-agency group working together to best provide for, and meet the needs of, all children within our area who have been identified as having a hearing loss.
We aim to look at the current provision for Deaf children, to develop the range of services available and to make them more coordinated and family friendly.
Objectives of CHSWG
- Promoting the successful delivery of services for Hearing Impaired children.
- To set targets for future service delivery and monitor outcomes.
- To ensure services supporting deaf children and their families work in a coordinated way.
- To involve parents in the strategic management of services to ensure services are family friendly.
- To participate in the evaluation of services e.g. use of user questionnaires.
- To contribute to the implementation of new government, Local Educational Authority and health Authority policies as appropriate.
- To keep up to date with relevant retaining courses provided through health, education and voluntary sector services for all staff supporting Hearing Impaired children.
- To develop and audit local policies and protocols for the delivery of multi-agency family friendly hearing services.
- Find our Terms of reference here
Membership is open to all those supporting Deaf children in health, education, social services and the voluntary sector. Currently the group consists of representatives from the following local services:
- Sensory Needs Service
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Community Paediatrian
- Community audiology
- Parent representatives
- Health Visitors
- Brighton, Hove and west Sussex Deaf Children's Society
- Ear Nose and Throat surgeons
CHSWG meets three times per year, at Stapley Road.
CHSWG has a coordinator nominated by the group who fulfils the role for a year.
The coordinator collates information on behalf of the group and is a focus point for contact and liaison between members. Minutes are shared and published on this website. An annual report will also be published.
- CHSWG meeting notes for April 2017
- CHSWG meeting notes for July 2017
- CHSWG meeting notes for November 2017
- CHSWG meeting notes for February 2018
- CHSWG meeting notes for June 2018
- CHSWG meeting notes for October 2018
- CHSWG meeting notes for February 2019
- CHSWG meeting notes for October 2019
- CHSWG meeting notes for January 2020