Registration and inspection
Go to the carechoices website to look for residential care home vacancies in your area.
Responsibility for registration and inspection of Residential Care Homes located in Brighton & Hove is now the responsibility of the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The CQC is a major national organisation which has taken over the regulation of social care services and private health care from local councils and health authorities.
The following services are required to register with the CQC:
- Care Homes
- Children's Homes
- Domiciliary Care Agencies
- Residential Family Centres
- Voluntary Adoption Agencies
- Independent Fostering Agencies
- Private and Voluntary Hospitals and Clinics
- Exclusively private Doctors
- Nurses' Agencies
The CQC is also responsible for inspecting:
- local authority fostering services
- local authority adoption services
- the welfare aspects of boarding schools
For all enquiries within the East Sussex area, including Brighton & Hove, please contact:
Care Quality Commission
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
Tel: (03000) 616161
Further information about CQC is available at www.cqc.org.uk.
If you are unsure who to contact
If you would like further information or are not sure whether you need to contact the Commission, Social Care & Health or another organisation, please contact:
Adult Social Care
Brighton & Hove City Council
2nd floor, Bartholomew House
Brighton BN1 1JP
Tel: (01273) 295555
Fax: (01273) 296372