Sustainable event support and guidance
If you’re wondering what Sustainable Events is all about, watch our short film which we hope will inspire you to make your event more sustainable.
We have also produced support and guidance to help you to identify things you can do make a positive contribution to the environment, society and the local economy; including the a Sustainable Event Commitment you can sign up to and information about local suppliers of sustainable event products and services.
Sustainable event commitment forms
- Sustainable Event Commitment for Conferences (Word 839KB)
- Sustainable Event Guide for Exhibitors (Word 803KB)
- Sustainable Event Commitment for Outdoor Events (Word 836KB)
Download a list of sustainable event suppliers
How the council is supporting sustainable events
Our Recycling Food Waste at Outdoor Events has been shortlisted for a National Recycling Award. Read about our FoodWISE project [PDF 834KB].
Our Sustainable Events Programme is part of our Environmental Management System (EMS). The programme meets two world class standards for Environmental Management and Sustainable Events (ISO 14001 and ISO 20121). It covers all outdoor events on council land, Hove Town Hall and indoor events at the Brighton Centre.
As part of the programme, we're working hard to reduce energy and water use at council buildings. At the Brighton Centre we've installed LED lighting, timers and motion sensors. The building is powered by 100% renewable electricity and we have introduced comprehensive recycling facilities. We've acquired a baling machine for recycling cardboard.
- Find out more about sustainability and including the council's sustainability policy
- Brighton Centre Conferences
- Organising an Outdoor Event
- Sustainable Events - The Future and You - launch event. See the event website or the Sustainable Event Report.
Email us email@example.com