Monday 12th February 2018
Some refuse collections due last week in the Hollingbury and Woodingdean areas have not yet been completed. Crews were out collecting over the weekend but there are also some recycling collections still outstanding. We are continuing to catch up with all the outstanding collections and will attend as soon as we can. If your collection has been missed please ensure you leave your containers out for collection.
We are sorry for the inconvenience these delays may cause.
- Do it now Report missed bins, overflowing bins, request street cleaning, order new bins and boxes
- Recycling centres Check opening times and directions for the council tips, what you can take there and van restrictions
- Bulky waste collection Find out what can be collected from you and how much it costs
- Street cleaning Report litter, fly-tipping, graffiti and request a street be cleaned
- Garden waste collection Find out if you're eligible and apply for the service
- Recycling See what you can recycle, find a recycling point or centre
- Rubbish Wheelie bins, bin bag and communal rubbish collection
- Business waste collection Apply for a commercial waste collection or buy trade waste sacks
- Environmental offences for litter, fly-tipping and dog fouling What to do if you receive a fine and how to pay it
- Reduce, reuse and compost Buy discounted composters and use our tools to help you reduce, reuse, recycle
- Beyond the bin What happens to your waste and recycling and details of our performance
Out of hours emergency contact
An out of hours service operates for environmental emergencies. You can access this service between 5pm and 9am weekdays, and all day weekends and Bank Holidays. This service should not be used for non-emergency enquiries.
The telephone number for out of hours emergencies in Brighton & Hove is 01273 292229.