How do I make a complaint about noise nuisance?
Making a complaint
Your complaint should include:
- your name and address and a daytime telephone number - anonymous complaints are not accepted
- the address (or site) where the noise is coming from
- the type of noise (such as loud music, barking dog, alarm sounding)
- when and for how long the noise occurs
- the way the noise affects you (such as keeps you awake)
- anything you have done to try and deal with the problem (such as speaking to the person making the noise)
Your name and address will not be given to the person complained about without your permission, however your identity may be guessed. Your details have to be revealed in the event of any legal or formal action being taken.
Who to contact
Monday to Thursday 9am - 4.30pm and Friday 9am - 4pm.
Weekend noise patrol
The council’s out of hours weekend noise patrol service is now operating from 10pm to 3am on Friday/Saturday and Saturday/Sunday.
Please contact us on 01273 293541 and let us know the following:
- your name and address
- contact number
- details of where the noise is coming from
In an emergency, please call Sussex Police on 999.