Flood and drainage policies
The council is responsible for managing local flood risk. The council have commissioned the following reports to help assess and manage the local flood risk within the city. To view or download these, please use the links below:
- Surface Water Management Plan (PDF 3.91mb)
- Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment (PDF 7.25mb)
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (PDF 8.56mb)
- Local Flood Risk Management Strategy (PDF 1.55mb)
- Local Flood Risk Management Strategic Environmental Assessment (PDF 726KB)
If you would like appendices for any of these documents, please email us at email@example.com.
For general advice on dealing with floods in Brighton & Hove, please see our main flooding page.
Flood Risk Maps
Flood risk maps show which parts of the city are most at risk from flooding. They are available on the Environment Agency website:
For enquiries relating to the flood risk maps for the sea, main rivers and reservoirs, please contact the Environment Agency’s Floodline on 0845 988 1188.