Get benefit paid directly into your bank account
Reduce time and effort in sorting out rent payments
We can pay your Housing Benefit directly into a bank account - this means that you will:
- receive your benefit on the day that it is due
- no longer have to wait for a cheque to arrive in the post
- be able to set up a standing order or direct debit to pay your rent
- have greater peace of mind that your rent is up to date
If you would like your benefit to be paid this way, please download and complete the Change of Payment Form [PDF 8 KB] and return it to:
Benefits Services, PO Box 2929, Brighton, BN1 1PS
Housing Benefit cannot be paid into Post Office Card Accounts like some other benefits. You will need to open an account with a high street bank.
If you don't have a bank account, the CAB Service can give you information and advice on the different accounts you can open.
The service is available by appointment only. Telephone 0845 1203710 for an appointment.
- >> Direct Payments
- >> Form to apply for direct payments of LHA to a landlord
- >> Information for landlords and letting agents
- >> Contacting the council's benefits service
- >> Housing & Council Tax Benefit main menu
- >> Welfare Reform (changes to benefits) main menu
- >> General and housing advice agencies and useful links
- >> Debt advice agencies
- >> Help with viewing and downloading PDF documents