Council Tax - Empty and unfurnished properties
Empty and unfurnished properties
If your property is empty and unfurnished, you still have to pay Council Tax at the full rate.
In exceptional circumstances, we may award a four week 100% discount. We will look at requests on a case by case basis, but the following situations do not count as exceptional:
- property is empty between tenancies
- you are moving
- you are in the process of finding a new tenant or buyer
- overlapping liability for Council Tax at more than one address
- awaiting planning permission, or other council process
- empty because of damp in the property
If you think that your circumstances are exceptional, please complete the form Discretionary Council Tax discount for empty and unfurnished properties [MS Word 14KB] and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to: Council Tax, Brighton & Hove City Council, P.O. Box 2929, Brighton, BN1 1PS.
|Application for Council Tax discretionary discount.docx||13.64 KB|