General election - Thursday 12 December 2019
You can no longer register to vote in this general election. The deadline was 11.59pm on Tuesday 26 November. The deadline to apply for a postal or proxy vote has now passed.
A general election will take place on Thursday 12 December 2019.
At a general election you have one vote to choose a candidate to represent your constituency in the House of Commons. There are three MPs with constituencies in Brighton & Hove.
The constituencies are:
- Brighton Kemptown (extends into Lewes District and includes Peacehaven)
- Brighton Pavilion
Vote in the general election
Polls will be open from 7am until 10pm on Thursday 12 December for you to cast your vote. You must go to your allocated polling station.
You can find your allocated polling station on your poll card, or go to www.wheredoivote.co.uk.
You do not need to take your poll card with you to vote and you will not need photo ID to vote in this election. You will only be required to provide your name and address as usual.
Who can vote
To vote in a general election you must:
- have been registered to vote by 11.59pm on Tuesday 26 November
- be 18 or over on the day of the election
- be a British, Irish or qualifying Commonwealth citizen
- be resident at an address in the UK (or a British citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years)
Return your postal vote in time
If you applied for a postal vote before 6 November your ballot paper was sent out on Monday 25 November. Any applications received after 6 November will be sent out on Tuesday 3 December.
Postal votes must get back to us by 10pm on 12 December.
You can return your completed postal voting pack in the post, in person to Hove Town Hall or you can hand in a completed pack at a polling station within your constituency
If you have a postal or proxy vote in place it is now past the deadline to make changes.
- Tuesday 26 November (11.59pm): Last day to register to vote
- Tuesday 26 November (5pm): Last day for us to receive your postal vote application or to make changes to existing postal or proxy votes.
- Wednesday 4 December (5pm): Last day for us to receive your proxy vote application
- Thursday 12 December: Election day
- Notice of Election for Brighton Kemptown (PDF 65KB)
- Notice of Election for Brighton Pavilion (PDF 65KB)
- Notice of Election for Hove (PDF 66KB)
- Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll for Brighton Kemptown (PDF 19KB)
- Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll for Brighton Pavilion (PDF 21KB)
- Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll for Hove (PDF 21KB)
- Situation of Polling Stations for Brighton Kemptown (PDF 25KB)
- Situation of Polling Stations for Brighton Pavilion (PDF 25KB)
- Situation of Polling Stations for Hove (PDF 23KB)
- Notice of Election Agents for Brighton Kemptown (PDF 14KB)
- Notice of Election Agents for Brighton Pavilion (PDF 14KB)
- Notice of Election Agents for Hove (PDF 14KB)