Elections and events
Our next scheduled local elections for councillors are due to take place in May 2019.
Our neighbours in East and West Sussex have County Elections on Thursday 4 May 2017. As a unitary authority, Brighton & Hove does not participate in County Elections.
Previous elections and reviews
General elections for the UK Parliament
- the last General Election was held on 7 May 2015.
Local elections and by-elections for Brighton & Hove City Council
- East Brighton ward by election took place on 4 August 2016
- the most recent local elections for all wards took place on 7 May 2015
Rottingdean Parish elections
- Rottingdean Parish uncontested by election took place on 29 January 2014
- Rottingdean Parish Council by election took place on 15 November 2012
Police & Crime Commissioner elections
- the most recent Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner elections took place on 5 May 2016.
- The EU referendum took place on 23 June 2016
European Parliamentary elections
- the last European Parliamentary elections were held on 22 May 2014
Boundary commission review
Reviews of polling districts and polling places
In 2014 a partial review of polling places took place for Central Hove, Goldsmid and Wish wards. The review was discussed at the Policy & Resources Committee on 22 January 2015.Find out more about the partial review of polling places
A review of polling districts and polling places finished on 13 December 2013