East Brighton ward by-election 2018
Results of the East Brighton ward by-election on 8 February 2018.
Following the resignation of Lloyd Russell-Moyle, an election was held on Thursday 8 February 2018 to fill the vacancy of councillor in the East Brighton ward of Brighton & Hove City Council.
Nancy Platts has been elected as councillor for the East Brighton ward.
Results as follows:
- Ed Baker, Green Party Candidate – 316 votes
- Nancy Platts, Labour Party Candidate – 1889 votes
- George Taylor, Liberal Democrats – 114 votes
- Edward Wilson, The Conservative Party Candidate – 481 votes
For more information, go to our full election results page for the East Brighton by-election.
Votes were counted at Brighton Town Hall after polls closed at 10pm. The turnout was 27.34%
Who could vote
To vote in the East Brighton ward by-election in February you had to be 18 years or over on polling day, registered to vote and:
- be a British, Commonwealth or EU citizen
- be resident in the East Brighton ward
- not be legally excluded from voting
For more information read our frequently asked questions about voting and elections.
|Tuesday 23 January||Last day to register to vote|
|Wednesday 24 January (5pm)||Last day for us to receive your postal vote application|
|Wednesday 31 January (5pm)||Last day for us to receive your proxy vote application|
|Thursday 8 February (7am to 10pm)||Polling day for the by-election|