East Brighton ward by-election 2016
Results of the East Brighton ward by-election on Thursday 4 August 2016.
Following the resignation of Maggie Barradell, an election was held on Thursday 4 August 2016 to fill the vacancy of councillor in the East Brighton ward of Brighton & Hove City Council.
Lloyd Russell-Moyle has been elected as councillor for the East Brighton ward.
Results and turnout
Results as follows:
- Mitch Alexander, Green Party – 286 votes
- Andrew England, Liberal Democrats – 116 votes
- Leigh Farrow, UK Independence Party (UKIP) – 152 votes
- David Plant, Conservative Party Candidate – 514 votes
- Lloyd Russell-Moyle, Labour and Co-operative Party – 1,488 votes
- Ramon David Sammut, Independent – 31 votes
For more information, go to our full election results page for the East Brighton by-election.
Votes were counted at Brighton Town Hall after polls closed at 10pm. The turnout was 24.48%.
Who could vote
To vote in the East Brighton ward by-election election you had to be 18 years or over on polling day, registered to vote and:
- be a British, Commonwealth or EU citizen
- be resident in the East Brighton ward
- not be legally excluded from voting
|19 July||Last day to register to vote|
|20 July (5pm)||Last day for us to receive your postal vote application|
|27 July (5pm)||Last day for us to receive your proxy vote application|
|4 August (7am to 10pm)||Polling day for the by-election|