More on EU funding and our links to European and international organisations
The International Team:
- promotes international activity in Brighton & Hove
- supports council departments and external groups across Brighton & Hove in developing bids to access EU and other international funding
- provides links to partner organisations across Europe and the wider world
EU Funding - Brexit Update
The Government published new guidance as of 26 August 2020. Please see this link for further information.
Under the Withdrawal Agreement, the UK will continue to participate in programmes funded under the current 2014-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) until their closure. Although the UK has left the EU, you will continue to get any EU funding you have already been awarded. This includes funding you are due to get after 31 December 2020. You can still apply to some EU funds under the current spending framework. It has not yet been decided what funding UK organisations will be able to apply for after the spending framework ends.
The following services can be accessed by organisations in Brighton & Hove.
Information on EU funding opportunities
With approximately 200 different funding opportunities available from the EU alone, the Team actively promotes key funding streams that are relevant to Brighton & Hove and provides alerts to the announcements of upcoming funding deadlines.
- the Interreg Two Seas Programme and Interreg Channel Programme, which support cross border co-operation projects with France, Belgium and the Netherlands
- European Social Fund which promotes 'employability'
- the Erasmus Plus programme which provides funding for education projects
- training for nurseries, schools, FE colleges, universities, adult learners and young people
The Team also provides more detailed information on a wide range of topics, grants and partner searches in areas such as energy, culture, environment and sustainability. Please contact us if you would like to be added to our distribution list.
Advice and support on the development of funding bids
The Team provides a partner search service for projects requiring European partners.
Brighton & Hove is a member of the Eurocities network which is useful in finding potential partners for projects which require them.
We're currently a partner in five Interreg projects:
- Sustainable houses in inclusive neighbourhoods (SHINE)
- Shaping Climate Change Adaptive Places (SCAPE)
- Providing Access to Childcare and Employment (PACE)
- BioCultural Heritage Tourism (BCHT)
Please contact the Team to access any of the services outlined above:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 292622.
For more information on European Funding programmes, please go to the European Union website.