Interreg Va 2 Seas
Interreg is a European Union funding programme that supports cross-border co-operation projects between neighbouring regions. The programme allows areas that are divided by a border to work together in a variety of fields.
The Interreg Va 2 Seas programme
The Interreg Va 2 Seas programme is one of two cross-border programmes that Brighton & Hove organisations are eligible to take part in, the other being the Channel programme which covered projects with the French channel coastal areas. Brighton & Hove City Council is actively involved in the programme development of the two new Interreg Va cross-border programmes.
Deadline 1 (closed)
- Step one - concept note - 16 February 2015
- Step two - application form submission - 13 July 2015
Deadline 2 (closed)
- Step one - concept note - 4 January 2016
- Step two - application form submission - 9 May 2016.
Deadline 3 (closed)
- Step one - concept note 28 October 2016
- Step two - application form submission 2 May 2017
Deadline 4 (open)
- Step one - concept note 1 March 2017
- Step two - application form submission 13 September 2017
- Step one - concept note 27 October 2017
- Step two - application form submission 2 May 2018
The February 2015 deadline proved very popular with 79 eligible concept notes submitted with a total estimated budget of €356 million.Of these, 36 decided to submit full applications based on the feedback on their concept notes. The concept notes covered all programme priority areas but priority 1.2: 'Enhance the delivery of innovation by relevant actors in 2 Seas key sectors' and priority 1.3: 'Develop social innovation in response to 2 Seas key societal challenges' were the most popular with 21 and 18 applications respectively. Budgets ranged from €0.6 million to €11.6 million with an average of €4.6 million. The average number of partners was 8. For the 28 October 2016 deadline there were 33 first stage applications which is the same as for the second call. The second stage deadline for the third call was in May 2017.
- 46 proposals under the Priority axis 1 "Technological and social innovation"
- 12 proposals under the Priority 2 "Low carbon technologies"
- 10 proposals under the "Adaptation to climate change" priority
- 11 proposals under the "resource-efficient economy" priority
The UK eligible area stretches from Cornwall to Norfolk. A project would need to involve at least one partner in either Nord-Pas de Calais in France or the eligible areas of the Netherlands or West Flanders in Belgium. For further information please download the Two Seas map (PDF 841KB). Swindon, Peterborough and some regions in The Netherlands around the hook of Holland are new additions to the programme area.
Cooperation corner is the page on the Interreg Two Seas website where you can share details of your project idea or look at others, is now open. Not all projects are already listed but it is worth looking at if you are interested in getting involved in the programme.
The budget for the Interreg Va 2 Seas programme is around €252 million, up from €167 million for the previous programme and match funding has gone up to 60%.
The priority areas are:
- technological and social innovation
- low carbon technology
- adaptation to climate change
- resource efficient economy.
2 Seas programme facilitator
There are two 2 Seas programme facilitators based in the UK. Contact the programme for further details.