The International Team:
- promotes international activity in Brighton & Hove
- supports council departments and external groups across Brighton & Hove in developing bids to access EU and other international funding
- provides links to partner organisations across Europe and the wider world
The latest update on European funding states that businesses, universities and local organisations were recently assured that any funding they secure through EU programmes, from now until the end of 2020, will be guaranteed by the UK government even in a no deal Brexit scenario.
The implementation period agreed in March would see the UK continue to participate in all EU programmes until the end of 2020. This will give potential applicants continued confidence to bid for funding whatever the outcome of the negotiations, and ensure that UK organisations continue to benefit from funding post-Brexit.
In 2016, the government committed to protect projects that were successful in securing EU funding before exit day. This new guarantee means that successful bids for EU funding until the end of 2020 will receive their full financial allocation and will continue to receive funding over a project’s lifetime.
The following services can be accessed by organisations in Brighton & Hove.
Information on EU funding opportunities
With approximately 200 different funding opportunities available from the EU alone, the team actively promotes key funding streams that are relevant to Brighton & Hove and provides alerts to the announcements of upcoming funding deadlines.
- the Interreg Two Seas Programme and Interreg Channel Programme, which support cross border co-operation projects with France, Belgium and the Netherlands
- European Social Fund which promotes 'employability'
- the Erasmus Plus programme which provides funding for education projects
- training for nurseries, schools, FE colleges, universities, adult learners and young people
The team also provides more detailed information on a wide range of topics, grants and partner searches in areas such as energy, culture, environment and sustainability.
We have around 60 different distribution lists in total so please contact us if there are any you would like to be added to.
Advice and support on the development of funding bids
This includes bidding workshops, one-to-one meetings and provision of written briefing materials on funding streams.
The team provides a partner search service for projects requiring European partners.
We're currently a partner in five Interreg projects:
- Sustainable houses in inclusive neighbourhoods (SHINE)
- Shaping Climate Change Adaptive Places (SCAPE)
- Providing Access to Childcare and Employment (PACE)
- BioCultural Heritage Tourism (BCHT)
Please contact the team to access any of the services outlined above:
- Email email@example.com or call 01273 292622.
For more information on European Funding programmes, please go to the European Union website.