Ward councillor budget scheme 2017-18
Brighton & Hove councillors each have a community budget of £1,000 for 2017-18 to spend on ward priorities for improving the social, environmental and economic well-being of their constituency.
The budget available through the scheme is £54,000 on a one-off basis for the current financial year. The funds will be awarded on a first come, first served basis up to a limit. The limit for each party group is based on their number of seats and individual councillors have a limit of up to £2,000.
- The grants are a one-off for each financial year and there should be no expectation of future funding by the recipient
- The funding must be used in line with financial regulations and contract standing orders of the city council
- The projects/activity funded must be in line with council policies
- Awards must be paid into a project/organisation named bank account; and cannot be paid into a personal account
- The funding cannot be used for areas such as political activities, lobbying or campaigning or individual sponsorship
For full details, please see our ward councillor budget guidance notes (PDF 98KB).
If you have an idea for a project you think would be eligible for funding for this scheme, please get in touch with your ward councillors.