Scrutiny review panel on 20 mph speed limits and zones (2010)
The Panel investigated the effects of reducing the speed limit in some residential and built-up areas of the city to 20 mph and various speed reduction initiatives.
They also considered the environmental consequences of 20 mph speed limits on air quality, carbon emissions and noise levels and other benefits that 20 mph speed limits may bring.
Councillor Pete West (Chair)
Councillor Jayne Bennett
Councillor Gill Mitchell
Councillor David Watkins
- Councillor Geoffrey Wells
- 20 Miles Per Hour Scrutiny Review final report and recommendations [PDF 317 kb]
- 20 Miles Per Hour Scrutiny Review Appendices-Part 1 [PDF 582 kb]
- 20 Miles Per Hour Scrutiny Review Appendices Part 2 [PDF 6.94 mb]
- 20 Miles Per Hour Scrutiny Review Appendices Part 3 [PDF 758 kb]
- Executive Response -20 mph Scrutiny Review [PDF 33 kb]