We have had three budget scrutiny panels.
The first, in 2010, looked at the societal impact of in-year budget reductions.
The second two panels dealt with the proposed budgets for the 2012-2013 and the 2013-2014 financial years, These panels reviewed the administration’s draft budget proposals, critiqued the proposals and made recommendations for improvements.
Societal Impact of In-year Budget Reductions (2010)
The Panel investigated the societal impact of the in-year budget reductions, to help inform the future budget process.
Panel members were Councillors David Watkins (Chair), Gill Mitchell and Vicky Wakefield Jarrett.
- Scrutiny Panel Report - Societal Impact of In-Year Budget Reduction final report and recommendations [PDF 103 kb]
- Executive Response -Societal Impact of In-Year Budget Reduction Scrutiny Review [PDF 19 kb]
- Appendix A - Societal Impact of In-Year Budget Reduction - Detailed Timeline [PDF 425 kb]
- Appendix B - Societal Impact of In-Year Budget Reduction- Cabinet Paper [PDF 77 kb]
- Appendix D - Societal Impact of Budget Reduction - CVSF Submisson [PDF 52 kb]
2012-2013 Budget Scrutiny
The panel was established to review the administration’s draft budget proposals for the 2012-2013 financial year and recommend improvements.
Panel members were Councillors Ken Norman (Chair), Mary Mears, Gill Mitchell, Anne Pissaridou, Christina Summers and Ollie Sykes, and Jo Martindale (Community & Voluntary Sector Forum).
2013-2014 Budget Scrutiny
The panel had the same remit as previously, to review the administration’s draft budget proposals for the 2013-2014 financial year and recommend improvements.
Panel members were Councillors Ken Norman (Chair), Lizzie Deane, Brian Fitch, Anne Pissaridou, Ollie Sykes, and Andrew Wealls, and co-optees Jo Martindale (Community & Voluntary Sector Forum) and Julia Chanteray (Brighton Chamber of Commerce).
- Budget Scrutiny 2013-2014 Final Report [166kb pdf]
- Appendix 1 - timetable [15 kb pdf]
- Appendix 2- Community Voluntary Sector position statement [101 kb pdf]
- Appendix 3 - 7 December 2012 notes [61kb pdf]
- Appendix 4 - 14 December 2012 notes [57kb pdf]
- Appendix 5 - 17 December 2012 notes [49kb pdf]
- Appendix 6 - 8 January 2013 notes [68kb pdf]
- Appendix 7 -9 January 2013 notes [50kb pdf]