Grants to community and voluntary organisations
Our current discretionary grants schemes 2016-17
- Three Year Strategic Grants - for organisations with an annual income in excess of £35,000
- Annual grants - for community and voluntary organisations with an annual income of £35,000 or less
- Specialist grants - including Pride Day Grants, Arts Partnership Awards, Environmental Sustainability, Community Festival Grants
- Hedgcock Bequest - grants for smaller community and voluntary organisations working for the wider benefit of residents of Brighton & Hove
Application forms are available in large print. One to one support is offered to complete forms. If you need to submit your application in a different way (eg using a tape recording or other multimedia format) or need translation/interpretation services, please contact the Communities, Equality & Third Sector Team:
- Telephone: 01273 291112
- Email: email@example.com.
Further information about all grants is available in our at a glance guide to grants 2016-17 (PDF 240KB).
Follow this link for details of external funding schemes available from grant giving organisations such as the National Lottery, national or local trusts and central government.
- Websites with the latest funding information and neighbouring local authority contacts
- GRANTfinder searches
Please follow the links below to resources which will help you when making grant applications to Brighton & Hove City Council:
- An Introduction to health and safety (PDF 251KB) by the Health and Safety Executive
- Equality Act 2010 Guide for Community and Voluntary Sector Service Providers (PDF 628KB)
- Explaining the Difference Your Project Makes (PDF 338KB) outcomes advice from the Big Lottery
- Fundraising advice from the Resource Centre
- Risk Management Framework (PDF 138KB) for community and voluntary sector organisations.