Youth led grants programme 2021 to 2022
Community organisations in Brighton & Hove can apply now to get between £500 and £5000 to fund projects for young people aged 11 to 19 (or up to 25 with special educational needs).
We are seeking bids that offer positive activities for young people, using traditional youth work approaches for young people aged between 11 to 19 (up to 25 if they have special educational needs).
These approaches will:
- Improve young people’s mental health
- Reduce the harm from young people’s alcohol and substance misuse
- Increase opportunities for young people to participate in new and challenging experiences
- Increase volunteering and work experience opportunities
- Support with recovering from the impact of Covid-19
Young people came up with the criteria that the projects need to meet and will also lead on deciding how the funding is allocated.
The total funding available is £110,000
Applying for funding
The deadline for applications is 27 May 2021. Applications must be sent to the relevant Lead Youth Provider by the 27 of May 2021 at midday. The Lead Youth Provider win then submit the bid via the Portal by the 2 of June 2021 at midday. Projects can then start in July 2021.
Work with a lead youth organisation who can help with the application and then will ultimately submit the application via the portal.
- The Hangleton & Knoll Project
- The Trust for Developing Communities
- Brighton Youth Centre, Allsorts Youth Project
- Black & Minority Ethnic Young People's Project or Extratime
To get further information on how to apply, please register and read the guidance document.
Answer the questions or create a short video to clearly show how the money will be used and who it will benefit.
All applications must be signed by 3 young people and a youth worker from the lead organisation.
Read more about the Youth Led Grants Programme 2021 to 2022 and download an application form.