Student support - Student grants & loans

Grants and loans

There are two kinds of student support, depending on which type of course/college you wish to attend, these are:

  • higher education (HE): student loans and grants for first degree level courses, including teacher training
  • further education (FE): help with travel, living and other costs for further education students - in school sixth forms, sixth form colleges and FE colleges.

Support for HE courses and related enquiries are dealt with by the Student Loans Company.  See the following website for information and to make an application - www/

Enquiries about FE student support should be made by calling 01273 290525 or by writing to:

School Futures
Brighton & Hove City Council
King's House
Grand Avenue
Hove BN3 2LS