What the virtual school does to support children previously in care and our partners
We offer advice, training and support to children previously in care
- Provide advice to parents, carers, school staff and other professionals. Please contact the Virtual School on (01273) 293992 or email email@example.com
- Provide training, support and challenge to a range of organisations and professionals, including attachment training (to support the Attachment Aware Brighton & Hove initiative) and training in 'Inclusive Practice'. Read the Virtual School Training Offer for 2020 to 2021
- Provide Workshops and Clinics for parents of children adopted from care. Download the pdf for 2020 to 2021 details.
- Provide Workshops and Clinics for carers of children previously in care. Download the pdf for 2020 to 2021 details.
- Support the development of a Network for Adopters (PDF 83 KB) in Brighton & Hove schools
- Encourage parents/carers to work with schools to ensure the Personal Educational Plan (PEP) process is used effectively to identify and determine best ways of meeting their child/young person's individual needs
- Encourage Parents and carers to assist schools in accessing the Pupil Premium Plus grant and in determining how it can best be used to maximise outcomes, utilising the PEP process
- Provide advice to parents/carers regarding the school admissions process to benefit from the priority admissions status given to Children Previously in Care
- Help parents/carers to understand the range of services that may be able to support their child and to access directly where appropriate: consultation, support and advice from relevant teams e.g. Learning Support Services
- Raise awareness and encourage high aspirations for the attainment and progression of Children Previously in Care, with organisations and professionals, parents and young people
- Listen to the views of Children Previously in Care and use their feedback to improve services to them
- Work strategically across Brighton and Hove to improve adoption support as a member of Brighton and Hove’s Previously in Care Support Services Steering Group (PiCSSSG)
- Collate and publish accurate cohort data on the attainment of Children Previously in Care, to evidence progress in closing the attainment gap and to identify unmet need