Free school meals
Did you know that you don't have to pay for a school meal for your child if they're in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2? The current cost of a school meal in primary schools is £2.20.
- check if you are entitled to free school meals
School meal menus
Caterlink provides school meals to our primary and special schools from 1 August 2018 (excluding the Bilingual Primary School).
Caterlink provide menus with either two or three choices and a balanced choice packed lunch menu where requested by a school. Find out which menu your school uses from the school office.
- download the two choice Caterlink menu (PDF 1.3MB) This runs from 4 November 2019 to April 2020
- download the three choice Caterlink menu (PDF 1.3MB) This runs from 4 November 2019 to April 2020
- download the halal Caterlink menu (PDF 428KB) This runs from 4 November 2019 to April 2020 and is only available in schools where Halal meals are offered
- download the balanced one choice packed lunch menu (PDF 402KB) This is a weekly rotating menu. Some schools provide this with the dessert of the day
- download the balanced two choice packed lunch menu (PDF 721KB) This is a weekly rotating menu. Some schools provide this with the dessert of the day
Secondary schools and the Bilingual Primary manage their own meal contracts. For more information, please contact your school.
My child has an allergy or intolerance
If your child has an allergy or intolerance, we will be able to provide a safe and special diet plan for them. Please complete this allergy and intolerance form (PDF 370KB) and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- a variety of red meat and poultry dishes, all to the red tractor standard
- sustainable fish including omega-3 rich oily fish
- local free range eggs
- balanced vegetarian dishes
- a wide choice of fresh fruit, vegetables and salad
- fresh bread, cooked on site daily
Peas Please Pledge – Food Foundation
A new initiative led by the Food Foundation is urging the foodservice industry and supply chain to pledge actions that will lead to increased vegetable consumption in the UK.
Many parents have asked for further support and information to help them make an informed decision around school meals. The Little Book of Goodness written by the School Food Trust is designed to address these concerns.
The Corporate School Meals Contract is provided by Caterlink, part of the WSH UK and Ireland Ltd. The contract is administered by our School Meals Team. Any schools that have opted out of this contract, as well as PFI schools, will have their own arrangements. Find out more about Caterlink.
If there are any queries regarding school meals, please email email@example.com or call the following numbers:
- for comments, complaints, compliments and contractual issues, please contact the School Meals Manager on 01273 293 590
- to enquire about a job please contact Caterlink, you can call them on 01273 411 330