Health services for 11 to 16 year olds with SEND
Young people who are worried about their health or development (or parent carers who are worried) should speak to a teacher, school nurse, GP or another professional who knows them well. Find out more about identifying and assessing special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Children and young people with SEND may be referred to the following health services for assessment or ongoing support.
Find a local doctor (general practitioner) or NHS dentist
Useful health organisations
- Healthwatch Brighton and Hove offers advice and information about healthcare services and can help with complaints about health care services
- Mylife Brighton & Hove is an online directory of health and social care services
You may also be interested in
- Health checks for teenagers aged 14 and over with a learning disability
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)
- Information, Advice and Support Service for children and young people with SEND and their families
- Information and support around mental health and wellbeing