Coombe Road Primary School
Who we are
Coombe Road Primary School is located off Lewes Road and pupils attend from many parts of the city. The school is two form entry and there are 207 pupils on roll. We are an inclusive and diverse community and we are fully committed to all pupils fulfilling their potential in a safe and nurturing environment.
All staff work hard to ensure that individual pupil needs are identified and planned for appropriately and our partnership with parents is central to our school values.
What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by the school?
- BHISS - Brighton & Hove Inclusion Support Service, which includes:
educational psychologists; family support workers; primary mental health workers; specialist SEN teachers
and specialist SEN practitioners
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language
- EMAS (Ethnic Minority Achievement Service)
What training and experience have the staff supporting children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities had or having?
We cater for many children with special educational needs and our staff access training in line with these needs. This ensures we have an inclusive approach to supporting children with identified needs in the school.
Training has been provided on:
- Attachment and how to adapt teaching to help children with attachment difficulties to achieve their full potential
- Training on supporting pupils with speech and language difficulties and specific learning difficulties
- How to support pupils on the autistic spectrum
- Just Right ASC Programme
We have a number of members of staff who are experienced and skilled at using ICT to support pupils to access the curriculum. We have a Speech and Language Champion teaching assistant with responsibility for delivering speech and language programmes and any speech and language related interventions.
Our SENDCO has completed a qualification for the National Accreditation for Co-ordination of SEN.
- Accessible toilet
- Accessible changing facilities
- Lift in top part of building