Observation, assessment and planning sheets for childcare providers.
Here are some observation, assessment and planning sheets that you can use or adapt. For support on how to use the forms please contact your Childminding Development Officer. We also recommend you attend Observation, Assessment and Planning training.
- Celebrating Me (Word 62KB) will give you a useful starting point to record information about a child
- The Learning and Development Observation format (Word 31KB), Learning and Development Summary (Word 34KB), and Adult led or supported activity format (Word 29KB) can be used to record observations children's progress and planned activities.
- Prompts for observations (PDF 18KB) gives useful guidance on observing children.
- There are three different suggestions for environment plans; Circles indoor environment proforma (Word 49KB), Circles outdoor environment proforma (Word 46KB) and Planning Sheet for the Environment (Word 35KB).
- For ideas from home, the Childrens Interests for parents (Word 34KB) can be used.
- Plans on how you intend to develop and improve your childminding setting can be recorded on the EYFS Long Term Plan (Word 32KB).