Early Years Jobs - advertising service for early education and childcare providers
About Early Years Jobs
This service has been operating since 2002 and continues to be popular with both employers and jobseekers. The Early Years team at Brighton & Hove City Council produces this publication on behalf of childcare employers and provides advertising and safer recruitment support and guidance. It is the most up to date list of early years and childcare jobs in and around Brighton & Hove.
Here is the latest copy: Jobs in Early Years and Childcare - 19 July 2018 [PDF610KB]
How to advertise a job
Simply complete and submit the online form and pay for your required package of support.
When will my job be published?
This is a weekly publication, usually published every Thursday.
The next publication date will be: Thursday 26 July 2018 and deadline for new jobs is: 12 noon Wednesday 25 July 2018
Where will my job appear?
Early Years Jobs is published via:
- Weekly Email Alert: distributed to approx. 1,765 jobseekers, early years and out-of-school providers, children’s centres, libraries, colleges, job centres & employment agencies
- Facebook: updated weekly on our Early Years and Childcare Facebook page
- Twitter: all new individual jobs are posted weekly and the full publication is posted several times per week @EarlyYearsJobs
- Website: uploaded weekly to Brighton & Hove City Council website. Historically this document has been the third most downloaded from the council website
- Careers events: distributed at various events throughout the year
Packages of Support
There are 3 packages of support available for you to choose from:
- Standard 'Advert Support' package
- 'Jobs Plus' package
What is the process?
On receipt of your online application, an automated email will come back to you thanking you for your request. You will automatically receive expert support regarding the content of your advert that you have supplied and receive recommendations where necessary. All recommendation are to help enhance the quality, to ensure safer recruitment guidance and employment law is followed and to ensure you get the most from the service. You will then be emailed a proof copy of your advert and be asked to read and check the advert content before we make it live. Please note that adverts will not be published until payment has been received and adverts have been confirmed.
What is the cost?
The cost of our 'Advert Support' package is £70 per job advert for Ofsted registered childcare employers and other childcare related businesses in Brighton & Hove. For businesses located outside of Brighton & Hove the cost is £120. All requests will be individually assessed to ensure jobs are appropriate and relevant to our target market of jobseekers. The final decision will be made by Brighton & Hove City Council's Early Years team.
The cost for our 'Jobs Plus' package which includes the standard 'advert support package' PLUS a member of our recruitment team coming to help you with short-listing and scrutinising the completed application forms PLUS that same recruitment team member coming along to sit on your interview panel to support you with interviewing the candidates, is £140 per job advert for Ofsted registered childcare employers and other childcare related businesses in Brighton & Hove and £240 per job advert for businesses located outside of Brighton & Hove.
What guidance is there to follow?
All employers have the responsibility for ensuring that recruitment policies and processes are in place and that they meet employment law and safer recruitment guidance.
- Please go to our Guide to Recruiting and Managing Staff web page to access e-learning, guidance, factsheets and example templates
If you have any further queries about this service please email email@example.com