What children's centres offer
Find out about the services available for children and families at our children's centres.
Services available to all families
- Antenatal health and midwifery clinics
- Healthy Child Clinics
- Baby groups
- Stay and Play groups
- Breastfeeding support
- Support with parenting
- Support into work, training and volunteering
Services for families with identified needs
- Now You Are Two courses to support early learning
- Post natal health including support for low mood and depression
- Groups for families from minority ethnic communities
- Groups for dads and male carers
- Chatterbox groups for children with speech and language delay
- Support for children with disabilities
- Foodbanks (Tarner, Moulsecoomb and Whitehawk)
Get involved in your children's centre
Each children’s centre has a user group called an Advisory Group, which helps shape and develop the services the centre offers. The group includes local parents and carers, and meets three times a year. If you would like to join the group please contact your local centre. All parents have the opportunity to feed back their views. Each centre will regularly ask parents for their feedback and evaluation of services offered.
Many children's centres have volunteer opportunities or can link you with other services which would welcome your support. If you'd like to find out more, please contact your local centre.