Take the first step into work, training or volunteering with PACE
PACE (Providing Access to Childcare and Employment) is a European funded project, helping parents back into work, training and volunteering. PACE also offers support with your childcare needs throughout your journey.
PACE is for parents who are getting a funded childcare place for their two year old. While your child is having fun and learning through play, you can have some time to work towards your own goals.
Find out more about free childcare for two year olds. If you are in work when your child is three, you could be entitled to 30 hours free childcare!
Between September 2017 and March 2019:
- 102 parents with two and three year olds, signed up to PACE
- 86 parents have attended one to one PDP's with their PACE Keyworker to discuss their goals
- 84 parents have had advice on childcare options and funding
- 56 parents have attended employability training and 38 have attended confidence building training
- 12 PACE training courses were delivered in 2018, all of which offered a free on-site creche for parents
- 32 parents have had a benefits calculation looking at returning to work - all were better off
- 30 parents have started volunteering to build confidence and skills
- 23 parents have started paid employment
Hear what PACE parents have to say about their journey...
"My PACE keyworker is really good. I don't know what I would have done without her."
"I follow language courses and have a nursery place, which gave me the opportunity to study."
"I feel that I am more than just a mum. We are actually people."
We recently held a focus group with 9 PACE parents, learn what they had to say (PDF 305 KB).
Find out more and request an application form
Contact us online or phone 01273 293545 to speak to an adviser. You can also find out more about PACE at your local children's centre.