Take the first step into work, training or volunteering with PACE
PACE (Providing Access to Childcare and Employment) is a European funded project, helping parents back into work, training and volunteering. PACE also offers support with your childcare needs throughout your journey.
PACE is for parents who are getting a funded childcare place for their two year old. While your child is having fun and learning through play, you can have some time to work towards your own goals.
Find out more about free childcare for two year olds. If you are in work when your child is three, you could be entitled to 30 hours free childcare!
Celebrating one year of PACE
Since September 2017:
- 63 parents with two and three year olds, signed up to PACE
- all parents have been given one to one support with a PACE Keyworker
- 23 benefit calculations were done for parents, to demonstrate their income if starting work (all were better off!)
- 58 parents were given one to one advice on childcare options
- 57 parents have attended training
- 41 parents have started volunteering
- 14 parents have started work
Hear what PACE parents have to say about their journey...
"My PACE keyworker is really good. I don't know what I would have done without her."
"I follow language courses and have a nursery place, which gave me the opportunity to study."
"I feel that I am more than just a mum. We are actually people."
We recently held a focus group with 9 PACE parents, learn what they had to say (PDF 305 KB).
Find out more and request an application form
Contact us online or phone 01273 293545 to speak to an adviser. You can also find out more about PACE at your local children's centre.