Parents and Childcarers: To find or become, an At Home Childcarer
The At Home Childcare Service aims to offer flexible, responsive and tailored childcare, to the needs of parents by providing a workforce of Ofsted registered childcarers who come to your home to look after your children.
Any parent or carer looking for childcare at home can use the service. This could be for a young baby, for after school or holiday care, evenings or weekends, or just to supervise older children so they’re not home alone.
The service might particularly meet the needs of parents who work unusual hours, have a child with special needs or need more than one child cared for at a time.
For childcarers looking to work in a home-based role, our service can support you to find work with families across Brighton & Hove and to provide advice and guidance on good practice, professional development and networking with other home childcare providers.
At Home Childcarers are:
- Ofsted registered and insured
- DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service) - formerly known as CRB
- Paediatric First Aid certified, Childcare qualified and Safeguarding Children trained
Benefits of At Home Childcare for parents
- Can be paid for in employer vouchers, via tax-credits or using other funding such as Disability Living Allowance or Direct Payments, which requires Ofsted registration
- Provides childcare in your home, saving you time, travel and related expenses
- Can be flexible to suit your needs
Quotes from Parents
“We had a lovely lady, who came to babysit our little boy. She was excellent with him and did the job (for 8 hours!!!!) at very short notice. I found her page on your website.”
“I have found this an invaluable service, great idea. Also people I have spoken to have all been v. helpful.”
And from an At Home Childcarer: “I am really enjoying the flexible nature of my employment and the time I get to spend looking after children, and the families I work for seem to appreciate this too.”
To view our At Home Childcare profiles, please visit our Family Service Directory