Adult and community learning
Brighton & Hove City Council's adult and community learning provision is delivered by Friends Centre and Tempus Training.
The part-time, 19+ adult learning provision is funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). Courses are designed to help you:
- learn new skills
- achieve your potential at work
- develop your personal interests or community interests
- develop your family learning in numeracy and literacy (based in participating schools in the city)
Many of the courses have concessions available and discounts for people on certain means-tested benefits.
Both providers also offer information, advice and guidance (IAG) about work or training.
Courses can be found on the Friends Centre webpage or call: 01273 810 210 for further information.
- English and mathematics qualifications
- ESOL (English as a second language)
- Family learning in schools: Family Literacy or Family Numeracy
- Wider Family learning: mindfulness, first aid for babies
- Community and personal development courses
For appointments with a national careers advisor call 01273 810 210.
Courses can be found on the Tempus Training webpage or call 01273 01273 980 243 for further information.
- Warehousing and Storage ( L2)
- Employability Skills (L1)
- Support applying for construction roles online and through meet local, hiring recruitment agencies
- CITB Labourers Card (CSCS Green Card)