Taxi licence applications
Please read and follow the steps given in the Applicant's Guidance Notes (PDF 222KB) and then call us on 01273 296655.
These forms have been made available in PDF format, so that they can be printed out and completed.
- Blue handbook (PDF 1.4MB) provides guidance for Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers, Vehicles and Operators.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept first applications by post. You must make an appointment. Please do not send us any documents as they will not be processed and this may lead to your application being delayed.
All new drivers must also learn the Hackney Carriage Licence Conditions (PDF 147KB) as part of the knowledge test.
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Renewal Form (PDF 436KB) for existing drivers.
- Change of address form (MS Word 203KB)
Vehicle and operator licence applications
- Hackney Carriage Renewal or first vehicle licence application (PDF 628KB)
- Private Hire Renewal or first vehicle licence application (PDF 222KB)
- Application for Private Hire Operator Licence (PDF 217KB)
If you have any queries about the application process or you wish to receive hard copies of the above documents, please do not hesitate to call us.
Hackney Carriage Vehicle waiting list
Hackney Carriage or Private Hire Drivers that meet the conditions of entry are able to apply to be put onto the waiting list for a Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licence. Download the Conditions of Entry (PDF 72KB) to find out more.
Applications for the year 2019/20 will only be accepted from 1 March 2019 to 31 March 2019. Applications received at any other period in the year will not be included on the waiting list.
Omissions from the record for 2019 to 2020 will only be considered when the person concerned can produce a receipted copy of the application made in March 2019.