Business rates information
Where does the money go?
Part of the money goes back to central government for redistribution across the country, but about half goes to the council, helping to pay for local services. One percent goes towards local Police and Fire services.
Collection of commercial waste is not covered by Business Rates. However, the council offers a commercial waste collection service , with competitive pricing and flexible solutions.
The Council is working hard to deliver the best possible service to you. It is important to us that you receive an efficient and effective service. Here are some facts and figures about how we are achieving this:
- performance figures – including annual collection rates and how many phone calls, letters and email we have received from you
- month-by-month collection rates – progress for the current financial year
- Council Tax & Business Rates customer service standards - the standards we set in delivering our service to you
- Customer Service Excellence Award ~ recognition of our commitment to you
send us your views on any council-related service or subject
- give us your feedback on this web site
- for information on access to services for disabled people (council and non-council related services)