Apprenticeship levy service privacy notice
Privacy Notice (Public Task / Duty or Public Interest)
The council is the data controller for purposes of the Data Protection Act (2018) and EU General Data Protection Regulation (2018) and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number Z5840053.
Brighton & Hove City Council are committed to protecting your personal information. As a data controller we have a responsibility to make sure you know why and how your personal information is being collected in accordance with relevant data protection law.
Why we are processing your data
- We are collecting your data for the purpose of processing your application for Levy transfer funds.
- We have a legal basis for collecting this data as it is considered necessary to enable us to carry out our tasks, functions, duties or powers or to perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- Your data may be shared with internal departments including City Development & Regeneration and, should you give consent, other Levy paying employers to explore other Levy transfer funding opportunities or other internal departments or organisations to promote apprenticeships to under-represented groups.
- We have a legal basis for sharing this data with other Levy paying employers under Explicit Consent and you will be required to provide Consent
- To make sure that it delivers its functions as efficiently as possible, this Council may share your information with one of its local authority partners, namely Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council etc, with whom it operates a shared service arrangement.
- We will hold your data for 6 years from the completion of any apprenticeship funded through this application or 6 years from the date of the outcome should no apprenticeship be funded.
Your information rights
You have rights around the information we hold on you. Learn more about your rights.
If you would like to discuss this further please contact our Information Governance Team on 01273 295959 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The council has appointed a Data Protection Officer in conjunction with East Sussex and Surrey County Councils. Contact the Data Protection Officer.