Winter funding for community and voluntary organisations
Find out if your organisation can apply for winter funding to help vulnerable people.
About the funding
A new grant is available this winter for organisations that support vulnerable people. If you can provide support quickly, you can apply for up to £5,000.
What the funding is for
The funding is for people experiencing, or at risk of poverty during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The funding can be used for things like:
- help with cooking
- heating, including oil and portable gas cylinders
- clothes and bedding
- other essentials that are related to food, heating, lighting, cooking, water and toiletries
The grant is not for getting general advice about debt, finances, or for housing costs.
What the funding criteria is
You must be able to collect information about what the funding will go towards, for example:
- how many households have children
- how many households do not have children
- what you will spend the funding on
A child is anyone under the age of 19 as at 31 March 2021, anyone age 19 or over who has child-related benefit or free school meals.
Where an eligible child is living on his or her own, they should be treated as a household.
What you will need to include in your application
In the application, you will need to tell us:
- what you want to do with the funding
- why you want funding
- who will benefit from the support
- how your organisation will link with other local organisations
- how you will know that the support has been successful
You will need to spend the money by the end of March 2021.
Applications should be for project costs, with up to 8% management cost for running the project.
You can use the funding for small ‘capital’ items or goods, but cannot be used fund organisational core costs.
How to apply
We want to get the first payments approved and paid as soon as possible.
The first deadline is midnight on Wednesday 13 January 2021.
Send an email to our Communities, Equalities & Third Sector team email@example.com and ask for an application form.
Please include ‘Application for winter support funding’ in the email title.
We aim to send the application form to you within one working day.