Student support

Higher Education - first degree and equivalent

Loans and/or grants for full-time and part-time undergraduate students are now dealt with by Student Finance England (SFE).

Disabled students' allowances for full-time and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate students are also dealt with by SFE.

Phone 0845 0738 892 for the SFE helpline.

Further Education from age 16 - A levels GCSEs, BTEC National Diploma

If you are between 16 and 19 years old and think you might struggle with the costs for full-time education or training, you may be able to get a bursary.

Speak to your school, college, Academy or training provider about how to apply for a bursary.