What you need to do

If your child's main home address changes while you're applying for a school place, please email schooladmissions@brighton-hove.gov.uk to let us know.

The main address is usually where your child is registered with a doctor.

We will need to see proof of your new address before a school place is offered based on your new address:

  • if you are applying for a place at an infant, junior or primary school to start in September, let us know by 8 March 2021
  • if you are applying for a place at a secondary school to start in September, let us know by 22 January 2021
Let the school admissions know you've moved house even if you've already applied for a school place.

Moving or changing address at other times

If you move home at any other time and it's harder for your child to make the journey to school, you can apply for a school place at a new school.

Applying before you move

You can apply for a school place before you move, but you will not get an offer of a place more than half a term before your child is due to start at the new school.

More information

Download our school application guides for more information.