Apply for a public weighbridge operator's licence
To operate public weighing equipment you must have a certificate from the Chief Trading Standards Officer.
Apply for a test
Operators of public weighing equipment must make sure that they can perform their duties competently and honestly.
A trading standards officer will test applicants to show they can:
- operate the weighbridge
- complete any weighbridge tickets and documentation
- understand basic terms associated with operating a weighbridge
- understand their duties as a weighbridge operator
- understand potential frauds which a weighbridge operator may unknowingly assist
- understand how the accuracy of the weighbridge may be affected
- perform simple arithmetic
Before applying for a test, please make sure you have received enough training to operate the equipment.
Complete the weighbridge operator application form and return it using the contact details on the form.
You can only operate the type of weighbridge you have the certificate for. You’ll need a new certificate to operate a different weighbridge.