This page brings together market research and sources of economic intelligence, sector analysis, and business and employment data for the city.
Business & IP Centre (BIPC)
Business & IP Centre (BIPC) Brighton & Hove is based at Jubilee Library, Brighton and supports entrepreneurs, start-ups and small to medium businesses across Sussex. It's part of the British Library’s National Network of BIPCs.
It delivers a range of business support including:
- one-to-one advice
- free access to online business databases and business books
- Intellectual Property (IP) guidance
- networking opportunities
All of the services provided are free of charge.
Centre for Cities
Community Insight Brighton & Hove
Community Insight Brighton & Hove helps you to find, explore and use a wide range of facts and figures at different geographic levels for Brighton & Hove and the surrounding areas.
NOMIS is a national statistics website which provides labour market data for all Local Authority areas in Great Britain. Key economic indicators include:
- the Annual Population Survey which has a number of sub-sets but broadly covers:
- employment and unemployment
- economic activity and inactivity
- the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE) which allows you to cut weekly or hourly wages across areas and over time in a number of ways
Office for National Statistics
The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is a national statistics website which provides data on:
- business, industry and trade
- the economy
- employment and the labour market
- people, population and the community