Taxi licence applications
For information on taxi licensing, applications or making a complaint.
Provider email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provider Telephone: 01273 296 655
Form Type: Application
- download the renewal form to renew an existing licence - Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Driver Renewal Form (PDF 204KB)
- change your address and contact details
- transfer your taxi and licence to another owner
Driver's licence renewal application privacy notice.
If your vehicle has been involved in accident, you can report an accident involving your taxi.
You should report this within 72 hours.
We'll contact you to discuss the matter.
Read the driver and vehicle licensing update COVID-19 (PDF 199KB) before you submit the form.
Follow the steps given in the Applicant's Guidance Notes (PDF 126KB), then phone 01273 296 655.
These forms have been made available in PDF format, so that they can be printed out and completed.
- the blue handbook provides guidance for Hackney Carriage and private hire drivers, vehicles and operators
Unfortunately we are unable to accept first applications by post. You must make an appointment. Please do not send us any documents as they will not be processed and this may lead to your application being delayed.
If you have any new medical conditions (PDF 24KB) that may affect your driving you must inform the Hackney Carriage Office immediately.
Read our first application for driver's licence privacy notice for information on how we collect, store and process your data.
All new drivers must also learn the Hackney Carriage Licence Conditions (PDF 147KB) as part of the knowledge test.
Vehicle and operator licence applications
- Hackney Carriage Renewal or first vehicle licence application (PDF 226KB)
- Private Hire Renewal or first vehicle licence application (PDF 222KB)
- Application for Private Hire Operator Licence (PDF 217KB)
If you have any queries about the application process or you wish to receive hard copies of the above documents, please do not hesitate to phone us.
Read our privacy notices for information on how we collect, store and process your data:
- Hackney carriage vehicle licence application privacy notice
- Private hire vehicle licence application privacy notice
- Private hire operator licence application privacy notice
Hackney carriage vehicle waiting list
You can now review the draft Hackney Carriage Waiting list 2023 to 2024.
If you think this is inaccurate, you can object in writing to email@example.com by 14 May 2023. You will need to show a receipted copy of the application made in March this year.
Apply to go on the waiting list
If you're a hackney carriage or private hire driver that meets the conditions of entry, you can apply to go onto the hackney carriage vehicle licence waiting list.
You can only apply from 1 to 31 March each year. We can't accept any applications submitted at other times of the year.
Apply to go on the hackney carriage vehicle waiting list for 2023 to 2024.