COVID-19 Resources for the food and hospitality industry
Find helpful guidance and information on COVID-19 safety and compliance in the food and hospitality industry.
Public Health England COVID-19 workplace resource
You can :
- download the Public Health England COVID-19 Response - Resource Document for Workplaces
- view an accessible version of the Public Health England COVID-19 Response - Resource Document for Workplaces
COVID-19 guidance for food businesses
- Outdoor structure guidance for businesses opening on 12 April 2021
- Covid-safe layout of customer seating
- Resources for retailers: 2021 update
- Covid checklist for retail businesses
- Covid checklist for takeaway and delivery businesses
- Covid-19 checklist for hospitality venues
- Create a coronavirus NHS QR code for your venue
- Safe bulk freezing of ambient and chilled foods with required labelling
- Food safety for community cooking and food banks
- Food safety takeaway and deliveries guidance
- Video guidance for businesses looking to do delivery and takeaway service
- Guidance for voluntary groups for safe food handling
- Guidance on closing food businesses
- Guidance for food businesses on Coronavirus from Public Health England
- GOV.UK guidance on working safely during coronavirus
- 5 step checklist for returning to work
- Cleaning and disinfection advice using bleach
- Information on business closures
- Workplace safety poster
- FSA, Re-opening checklist for food businesses
- Reporting an outbreak
- Action Cards for Early Outbreak Management
If you would like further information and advice around Covid safety for your business, please send an email to Covid.Information@brighton-hove.gov.uk to speak to the Covid Information Team.
Get free training for your business
Hybred Consultancy and Select Security & Stewarding have partnered with Brighton & Hove City Council to offer free Covid-19 safety training courses. This is tailored for:
- cultural and event organisations
- retail and hospitality businesses.
How you can help
The council’s Food Safety team is linking in with the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership to help get food to older, isolated and vulnerable members of the community during this time.
In particular, the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership is looking for donations of food, equipment and kitchen consumables, like cleaning equipment and packaging.
We are contacting local supermarkets separately.
Find more information on how you can help in the coronavirus pandemic from the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership.
You can also find other opportunities to volunteer on their website.