Principles of Food Safety in Catering Level 2
Our one day course costs £71.
If you're unemployed or on a low income, you could get free training. To find out more, send an email to email@example.com or phone 01273 810 210.
Ofqual has approved the Principles of Food Safety in Catering course.
Our courses are high quality, fun, interactive and great value for money.
The course fee includes:
- a food hygiene handbook
- exam entry
- a certificate
Learners have said our presentations, activities and workshops are very useful. We have a high pass rate.
Our food hygiene training is engaging and easy to understand, which helps candidates remember and put what they’ve learnt into practice.
Help is available for candidates whose first language is not English. We can provide details of food hygiene training in other languages.
What you’ll learn on the course
Our Principles of Food Safety in Catering course includes 6 hours of tuition on food hygiene. It covers:
- the costs of poor hygiene
- food poisoning and food-borne diseases
- how germs grow in food
- contamination of food
- prevention of food poisoning
- improving personal hygiene
- storage and temperature control
- preparation, cooking and cooling of food
- construction and design of food premises
- cleaning and disinfecting
- pest control
- food hygiene law requirements
- control of food safety risks
- hazard analysis
- allergies and food intolerances
We may be able to visit your business to train a group of your staff.
City College Brighton also runs an Intermediate Food Hygiene course. They recommend this course for food handlers who have a supervisory role, like head chefs and managers.
Find out about City College Brighton’s intermediate food hygiene course.
Benefits of the training
If you run a food business, you must make sure your food handlers have appropriate training. Food Safety Officers test food handlers' knowledge during inspections.
Our training will help you:
- improve food safety in your business
- show your customers that you make food in a clean and safe environment
- protect you from expensive legal action or compensation claims
Having qualified staff can help you improve the food hygiene rating of your business. This could enhance your reputation and give you the edge over competitors.
Investing in quality training for your employees can improve their confidence and mean they want to keep working for you. This could save you money and time.
Learn in person
Personal, interactive face-to-face training is the best way to learn and remember food safety information. The benefits of our courses include:
- the opportunity to get practical answers that work for your business
- limited numbers of people on courses, so everyone gets the help and attention they need
- quality content - our courses are approved by Ofqual
- learning from other participants
- trainers who adapt training content to your needs
- focussed learning without distractions
Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Funded Level 3 training in food safety is available at Brighton Swimming School. They also offer other courses in workplace health and safety and First Aid in the workplace.
For more information please phone 01273 434 400 and choose option 2, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.