How to apply for a COVID-19 business support grant
Who can get a Restart Grant
This grant for shops (non-essential retail), personal care businesses (like hairdressers and beauty salons), restaurants and pubs, accommodation, and leisure.
Grants will be available from 1 April until 30 June 2021.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- pays business rates
- is trading on 1 April 2021
You cannot get funding if your business:
- is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- has exceeded the permitted subsidy allowance listed on this government guidance
Eligible businesses will be paid a one-off grant of up to:
- £6,000 in the non-essential retail sector
- £18,000 in the following sectors:
- personal care
You do not need to submit duplicate applications for the same property.
The government has directed councils to make pre-payment checks which may result in delay to assessing and making some payments.
How to apply
If you have applied for a grant before, your Restart Grant application will be an additional form which is linked to your original application.
We’ll ask you to re-confirm some of the details from your original form. Please make sure the details you provide match your original application.
We also need to ask for some extra details due to new government requirements.
Please follow these steps:
- Sign back into the secure online ‘MyAccount’ portal where you submitted your previous application(s)
- Scroll down and select ‘Start Restart Application’
- Find the application reference from your previous applications and click the green ‘Start Restart Application’ button next to it to get to the form
Once you’ve completed the form, you’ll find a list of completed Restart Grant applications at the bottom of the Restart Grant section of your account.
If this is your first grant application you'll need to start a main grant application (green button on the form) first and then go back in to add the Restart Grant form.